If you are interested in joining our community of families, please contact us for a full Information Packet which explains our policies and procedures for admission.
Admissions procedures for new students
Students are admitted throughout the school year on a rolling basis.
The general process for enrollment is as follows:
1. Request and read information packet
2. Tour the school and meet with the Admissions Coordinator
3. Attend an information morning or evening
4. Read the parent handbook
5. Request an application (click here) or download application PDF
6. Submit application with $50 non-refundable fee per child
7. Interview with class teacher
8. Child meets with class teacher and may visit the classroom
9. Meet with Development Director to discuss opportunities and expectations for parent involvement
10. School accepts or declines to accept student
11. Receive acceptance letter along with registration papers and Financial Commitment form.
12. Submit registration papers with $165 fee per family, Financial Commitment form, including Parent Financial Commitment adjustment request, if applicable (See Financial Commitment Page with Forms)
13. Attend a Parent Financial Commitment meeting
14. Submit Financial Commitment Agreement and Volunteer forms.
15. Receive and read book on Waldorf education.
Admissions procedures for returning students
- Request a returning student application (click here) or download a returning student application PDF
- Submit the re-application with $20 non-refundable fee per child.
- Meet with class teacher and a specialty teacher (or kindergarten teachers) to discuss how things are going and what has happened since leaving the school.
- Follow steps 10-14 above.
This year there will be regularly scheduled school tour times that will coordinate with our FRIDAY ASSEMBLY schedule. Check back soon for a complete listing of dates and times!
To find out more about school tours, call (608) 637-7828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten and First Grade Readiness Mornings
Kindergarten Mornings at Pleasant Ridge Waldorf School
Friday, April 17th 9:30 – 12:30 and Friday, May 8th 9:30 – 12:30
An opportunity for parents and young children to participate in kindergarten activities, meet the kindergarten teachers, and experience the atmosphere of the Pleasant Ridge Waldorf School kindergarten. Advance Registration Required.
First Grade Readiness Morning
Saturday, May 9th 10:00 – 11:30 am
Members of the faculty will give a presentation about Pleasant Ridge Waldorf School and its educational approach, followed by an informal circle of discussion and question time. A display of student’s work will be on hand and an informal tour offered to interested parties. Adults only please.
Advance registration requested.
To register for any event, please call Darla Barrows at 637-7828 or email email@example.com.